Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Evening view in Athens

After the museum we took naps and then went shopping in the Plaka.
Maximums talked us into eating dinner at Taverna Plaka, he lured us in
with the promise of free wine & dessert as well as 10% off. The lamb
and veal was tasty but we hope Greece has some better cuisine in store
for us.

Back at the hotel we caught the amazing view of the Acropolis seen
below. You can't see the scale because its dark and its impossible to
explain how large this really is...

3 comments:

Josie said...

HI YOU ALL,
GOOD TO HEAR YOU ALL ARRIVED SAFELY!
YOU CAN'T BE ON YOUR DIETS FOR TWO WEEKS--I THINK!
DEBBIE IS ANXIOUS TO HEAR FROM YOU TOO.
LOVE YA" all!
GRANMA JOSIE
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTERESTING LETTER.

John VonMutius said...

I'm having trouble seeing the images, but I think it's because I'm at work and they're blocked by Websense. I already have to do a sneaky workaround to look at the blog! Anyway, I just found out today that you were all reunited and I'm so glad! The question I seem to get asked most around the office is not even about my own life. It's "Did your family all get to Greece?" And I keep answering, "I don't know!" Now I have a better response.

I want more pictures! You must be seeing amazing things. I hope you're all using your cameras to capture the food, the architecture, the people and anything else interesting.

By the way, who or what is Maximums (Maximus?) ?

Laura A said...

Oh I am glad to hear you guys made it! Your brother has been no help, I kept asking him if he had heard that you three had caught up with Dad and Mini Mama. I guess I wasn't the only one asking eh?

Yes, a photo of the acropolis by day would be lovely!
Keep having fun! Can't wait to read more!